The non-profit, volunteer-run Teddy Bobo Film Club will hold its 17th series of short films + constructive thinking skills, this Friday evening (March 18 2012) in Richmond (Melbourne, Australia).
To each short film we screen and study, we’ll be applying the Edward de Bono method known as: SIX THINKING HATS.
Over the course of 135 briskly paced minutes …
- Entertainment: A number of very short (under 3 minutes) films, videos, and film excerpts from vastly different genres are screened.
- Film appreciation: After each film, there is a brief period of open-ended study and discussion of the film – its background, the purpose it is meant to serve, what makes it distinctive, its production values, any curious observations, appreciation of its art and technology, etc.
We call this segment “think inside the screen”.
- Thinking skill: Then, bouncing off some aspect of the film, a simple, tightly-focused thinking exercise is introduced by Coach Prodos. Each exercise uses one of the formal lateral thinking and constructive thinking methods developed by Edward de Bono.
This is the think outside the screen™ segment. The exercises we do are not puzzles. They are not IQ games. They are not “positive thinking”. They’re simple, tried and true, practical methods which, as you practice, will improve your constructive & creative thinking skills. Anyone can learn them — if they put in the time and the work.
Chairman & Co-Founder: David DeLeon will be your host.
Venue: Home of Prodos & Barboo, 153 Lennox Street, Richmond.
Doors open: 6.30 PM
Meals (all at cost price) served between 6.30 PM and 7.15 PM
- Lemon Pepper Atlantic Salmon: $12
- Crumbed Lamb Cutlets: $12
- Other selections also available at $12
Formal Start: The screen & study session begins at 7.30 PM sharp. Please make sure you arrive well before 7.30.
Finish: The meeting ends at 9.45 PM sharp.
Cost: Nil. But a donation to Coach Prodos is appreciated. Thanks.
Members only: To attend and participate you need to be a registered member of the Teddy Bobo Film Club or the guest of a registered member. If you agree with our goals and play the annual $2 joining fee, you can join on the night.