Trailer from Sarah Palin documentary: Undefeated
PRODOS FILM STUDY GROUP
With the kind permission of Fox News Channel
And special thanks to Brian Gaffney
The last two episodes of this outstanding six-part documentary:
The Rise, Fall & Future of Conservatism
5: Passing the Torch (43 minutes)
6: The Way Forward (43 minutes)
Date: Monday March 19 2012
Venue: Home of Prodos & Barboo, 153 Lennox Street, Richmond. Phone: 9428 1234.
6.30 PM: Doors Open.
Meals (all at cost price) served between 6.30 PM and 7.15 PM
- Lemon Pepper Atlantic Salmon: $12
- Crumbed Lamb Cutlets: $12
7.30 PM (sharp): Commencement of Film + Chaired discussion.
Who: Only registered PRODOS Film Study Group members and guests of members allowed. You can apply to join on the night. To join you need to agree with our purpose and pay the $2 annual fee.
Policy: Leaving straight after a film and therefore skipping the discussion goes against one of the conditions upon which our permission to screen these films is based.
9.45 PM: End of meeting.
Cost: No charge. But if you’d like to make a personal donation to Prodos that’s greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Part Five: “Passing the Torch”
“Passing the Torch” is part five of Brit Hume’s six-hour series on the history of American conservatism. This episode tells the inside story of the movement’s struggles and gains in the 11 years following the Reagan presidency.
Video: Watch a preview clip
Reel 5 covers:
- President George H. W. Bush who managed the collapse of the Soviet Union and won the Gulf War, but disappointed conservatives by breaking his “no new taxes” pledge
- The rise of conservative media, including radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh
- Newt Gingrich’s stunning upset in the 1994 midterm elections with a “Republican Revolution” backed by a Contract with America
- George W. Bush’s new kind of conservatism: “compassionate conservatism”
This “Fox News Reporting” hour features rare footage and exclusive interviews with William F. Buckley, Dick Cheney, Newt Gingrich, Steve Forbes, Jack Kemp, Pat Buchanan, James Baker, Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Sanford, and many others who tell their personal accounts of conservatism following the Reagan era.
Reel Six: “The Way Forward”
“The Way Forward” is the sixth and final hour of Brit Hume’s series on the history of the American conservative movement. This episode tells the inside story of the movement’s struggles and eventual resurgence from 2001 to the present day.
Reel 6 covers:
- The presidency of George W. Bush, which sparked fierce disagreements within the conservative movement over the War on Terror, domestic spending, the Supreme Court, and the financial collapse
- The election of President Barack Obama and the rise of new conservative figures like Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck
- The Tea Party movement and the conservative comeback in the 2010 midterm elections
Video: Watch a preview
This “Fox News Reporting” hour features rare footage and exclusive interviews with Dick Cheney, Newt Gingrich, Donald Rumsfeld, Glenn Beck, Thomas Sowell, Pat Buchanan, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Rand Paul and many others who tell their personal accounts of the past decade in conservatism.