PRODOS FILM STUDY GROUP
With the kind permission of of Fox News Channel
And special thanks to Brian Gaffney
The first two episodes of an outstanding six-part documentary:
The Rise, Fall & Future of Conservatism
3: Path to Power (43 minutes)
4: Reagan’s Resolve (42 minutes)
Date: Monday March 12 2012
Venue: Home of Prodos & Barboo, 153 Lennox Street, Richmond. Phone: 9428 1234.
6.30 PM: Doors Open.
Meals (all at cost price) served between 6.30 PM and 7.15 PM
- Lemon Pepper Atlantic Salmon: $12
- Crumbed Lamb Cutlets: $12
7.30 PM (sharp): Commencement of Film + Chaired discussion.
Who: Only registered PRODOS Film Study Group members and guests of members allowed. You can apply to join on the night. To join you need to agree with our purpose and pay the $2 annual fee.
Policy: Leaving straight after a film and therefore skipping the discussion goes against one of the conditions upon which our permission to screen these films is based.
9.45 PM: End of meeting.
Cost: No charge. But if you’d like to make a personal donation to Prodos that’s greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Part Three: “Path to Power”
“Path to Power” is part three of Brit Hume’s six-hour series on the history of American conservatism. This episode tells the inside story of how conservatives reshaped their movement following President Nixon’s Watergate scandal.
- Ronald Reagan’s 1976 primary challenge to incumbent President Gerald Ford
- The rise of Christian conservatives on the national political scene
- The story of how the neoconservatives moved politically left to right
- Reagan’s 1980 run for the White House and his victory as an unapologetic conservative
This Fox News Reporting hour features rare footage and exclusive interviews with Dick Cheney, Pat Robertson, Donald Rumsfeld, Henry Kissinger, Jack Kemp, Phyllis Schlafly, Steve Forbes, Rush Limbaugh and many others who tell their personal accounts of conservatism’s struggles and ultimate victory from the 1970s to 1980.
Reel Four: “Reagan’s Resolve”
“Reagan’s Resolve” is part four of Brit Hume’s six-hour series on the history of American conservatism. This episode tells the inside story of the Reagan presidency and the battles to revive the U.S. economy and defeat communism.
- Reagan’s unwavering faith in his tax-cutting plan to turn around America’s devastated economy
- Reagan’s strategy to confront Soviet communism and conviction that freedom would prevail
- Reagan’s determination to reverse the trend of judicial activism in the federal courts
This “Fox News Reporting” hour features rare footage and exclusive interviews with William F. Buckley, Donald Rumsfeld, George Shultz, David Stockman, James Baker, Jack Kemp, Steve Forbes, Ken Adelman, Robert Bork, Rush Limbaugh and many others who tell their personal accounts of conservatism’s golden era.